Winner of IWSC 2013 Silver and, 2017 Bronze, IWC 2017 Silver and, 2015 & 2016 Bronze and Decanter Bronze 2016.
A classic French wine that is one of the best selling brands in the UK. Described in The Scotsman as Gutsy, vividly fruity..., enjoy this wine with Mediterranean foods, grilled or roasted meats and cheeses.
› Upon arrival in the cellar, grapes are destemmed and crushed. Each grape variety is vinified separately.
› Part of the blend goes through cold maceration & short fermentation to extract fresh & fruity aromas, while fermentation is longer and slow on the other part, to enhance structure and body.
› Older barrels of 2 to 3 years are chosen over newer oak to soften the tannins and bring more elegance to the bouquet. Nearly 35% of the syrah is aged for 6 to 9 months in oak barrels.
› VEGAN WINE.
› A deep purple-red robe.
› Generous and full nose, with delicate hints of red berry fruits, spices and vanilla due to ageing of the syrah in oak barrels.
› Intense black-fruit added to persistent and smooth tannins for a very seductive and harmonious palate.
Enjoy on its own or with Mediterranean cuisine, mature cheese, grilled meat or Sunday roast.
- "If you're having a meaty affair - where the bbq groans under the weight of lamb chops and steak, then head for a French bottle from the Rhone Valley....Syrah grape gives a smoky, savoury, blackcurrant character. Spot on with slightly charred, herby, peppery red meat.."
- Susy Atkins, Delicious Magazine
- "Gutsy, vividly fruity..."
- Rose Murray-Brown, The Scotsman
- "Dark and chewy, with herby, spicy fruit. Ideal red for barbecues."
- Joanna Simon, Sunday Times