Winner of IWSC 2013 Silver and, 2017 Bronze, IWC 2017 Silver and, 2015 & 2016 Bronze and Decanter Bronze 2016.
A classic French wine that is one of the best selling brands in the UK. Described in The Scotsman as Gutsy, vividly fruity..., enjoy this wine with Mediterranean foods, grilled or roasted meats and cheeses.
The vineyards are in selected locations throughout the Côtes du Rhône Appellation where soils tend to be calcareous and clayey, sometimes with round pebbles. Winemaker Veronique Torcolacci works hand in hand with vinegrowers to guarantee the quality of the fruit that comes into the winery. She then vinifies each grape variety separately with the aim to extract its individual character and aromas. 35% of the syrah is matured in oak barrels for 6-9 months in order to provide rich aromas, balance and structure
A brilliant cherry red colour with fruity aromas delicately mixed with more complex hints of spices and vanilla coming from the time the syrah component of the wine spent in new oak barrels. The palate is smooth and rounded making it a seductive and harmonious wine to be enjoyed over a period of 2 to 4 years with Provencal and Mediterranean foods, grilled and roasted meats and mature cheeses.
- "If you're having a meaty affair - where the bbq groans under the weight of lamb chops and steak, then head for a French bottle from the Rhone Valley....Syrah grape gives a smoky, savoury, blackcurrant character. Spot on with slightly charred, herby, peppery red meat.."
- Susy Atkins, Delicious Magazine
- "Gutsy, vividly fruity..."
- Rose Murray-Brown, The Scotsman
- "Dark and chewy, with herby, spicy fruit. Ideal red for barbecues."
- Joanna Simon, Sunday Times